John Willis

On 11 Sep 2005 11:03:31 -0700, "RicodJour"
scribbled this interesting note:

My point was that just because the builder chose to use oil-based paint
30 years ago, doesn't mean that the OP is locked into it. There have
been vast improvements in latex paints, and he should explore other
possibilities as it will make his life easier in the long run.

I agree. I have a friend who is extremely sensitive to many of the
chemicals found in everyday life these days. For her an oil based
paint or varnish simply is not an option for any interior
applications, and some of the water based products cause her problems
as well (water based polyurethane varnish, for example.)

There are many reasons why someone may want to use a latex paint.
Unfortunately most of them are from people who think that just because
s/he can hold a paint brush in his/her hand, that s/he is
automatically a painter!:~)

And yes, when it comes to the quality of the finish on most of my
projects, I tend to be perfectionistic.

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)