Dumbo

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I have compassion for the unfortunate. I have no compassion for those that
choose to take a path of no education and poverty.

There are plenty of people for health reasons or disability that cannot do
well and truly need assistance. But there are many, many more, that just
don't give a crap and are too lazy to do anything about getting ahead and
take that too easy to get public welfare check.

True, but the solution is not to get rid of all welfare programs IMO.
More poverty usually fathers even more poverty and more ignorance.

The social cost of educating someone in need is much, much less than
the disruption caused by leaving that person ignorant.

BTW, I'm not a conservative.

Noted. I wasn't trying to stick a label on you or anyone else, only to
put ridicule, as deserved, on that "compassionate conservative"
bull****.