IC_Clearly

Actually, I'm leaning toward that option. Not 12K or 15K btu units, but
maybe 3 or 4 6K window units. I have an upstairs and downstairs with about
1100 sqft upstairs and 2100 downstairs. I'm not looking to fully cool the
place, but in the peak summer (outside temps in the 95 to 100 range) keep it
in the 85 to 90 range and keep the humidty at tolerable levels.

--
IC

"Sherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:45:33 -0500, "IC_Clearly"
wrote:

I have a portable generator that is rated at 7,500 watts run and about
14,000 start. I have a 10 seer (sp?) central AC. Is it possible to run

the
AC from the generator if nothing elese is attached to the generator?

Thanks.

IC

That's a pretty expensive generator. If you can afford the
generator, you should be able to afford a couple of window units that
will work much better on emergency power. I'd recommend a couple of
very high EER 12,000 to 15,000 btu units.