John Willis

On 10 Sep 2005 20:49:00 -0700, "RicodJour"
scribbled this interesting note:

I have a question for you. Why do you want to use oil paint?

Because I prefer it on interior wood surfaces. Yes, it can yellow over
time. But, with repeated coats and appropriate sanding in between, I
can get a finish that, so far as I know, cannot yet be obtained when
using latex enamels.

If latex paints are uniformly superior, why are they not used (except
by some do-it-yourselfers) on things like cars?

Latex paints, in some ways, just aren't as tough as oil based paints.
In other ways they are far more durable. It all depends on the
application, the experience of the painter, and the desired finish.

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)