Dumbo

RP wrote:
k wrote:

People don't 'choose' to drop out. People 'have' to drop out. Many
reasons, but poverty is the main one. Don't display your ignorance of
social problems in this news group.

That's a rather naive stance. Have you interviewed every drop-out? Even
if you base this on reports of the reasons, how many are going to tell
the truth? Don't you think that people will rationalize in order to save
face? Do you really expect them to say "I dropped out because I got
tired of that bull****."
Certainly there are hardship cases, but you've implied that they are all
hardship cases. I OTOH doubt that even half of them fall into this category.

Even if your were right (you haven't interviewed every drop-out either)
and 51% of the poor people are lazy bums, is this a good reason to
paint all of them with the same brush as the OP and others do?

I was not born here and always makes me wonder why I and other
foreigners seem to have more compassion for unfortunate Americans then
their own people.

Compassionate consarvatives indeed!