Pop

Well, it's not an installation problem IMO, but it IS a problem
with the installation. For whatever reason, the water is
siphoning out of the machine. The water level in the machine is
getting close enough to the level of the hose J that it leaks
over it and eventually begins to siphon.
It's possible the drain pipe has become partly closed letting
the water collect faster in the pipe, or something has changed
position somewhere. Raise the highest level of the hose six
inches or more above the top surface of the washer andit should
stop.

IMO anyway.

PopS

"Hollywood TJ" wrote in message
:I have a wash machine (I think the brand/model is irrelevant to
my problem
: but here it is . . .)
: Whirlpool Gold
: Ultimate Care, Heavy Duty, Super Capacity Plus
: Quiet Wash.
:
: I have had it for about five years.
:
: The machine has worked fine for years, so this is not an
installation
: problem where the hose is not up high enough.
:
: When I run the machine, the water fills up to about ten inches
and then
: starts to drain out of the hose. It never fills, so it can not
start the
: wash process. This has happened in the past and I would just
move the dial
: to the spin cycle to empty out the water and then start the
machine again.
:
: This no longer works.
:
: But I now can stuff the hole with a plastic bag to prevent the
water from
: coming out and the wash machine will run through all the
cycles.
:
: I know nothing about machines and have not even attempted to
remove any
: covers.
:
: Can anyone tell me what might be the problem based on the
information
: provided and a solution? Is this something I may be able to
repair myself?
:
: Thanks in advance for any assistance.
: