IMM

Default Ciao bella. Back home to water tank problem.

"Owain" wrote in message
"Suz" wrote
| As previous : Just back from holiday in Italy. ... the quality and
| efficiency of everything - we suspect it may have been German owned.

Just a slight possibility of German ownership there I would surmise :-)

| Came back to our crappy electric shower and water tank and the first
| thing I noticed was when I went to brush my teeth the water was
| stinking. I have long feared what bugs lurk in the water tank.
| Sent hubby to look in the tank for dead things but he couldn't
| see any. We ran the water full blast for an hour and it
| improved but the next morning it was manky again.
| Is there any miracle thing I could put in to dissolve the murk
| at the bottom and make it like sparkly new instead of something
| that could preserve oak for 10000 years?

A traditional (Italian)(!) remedy for manky wells was to shove in a few
shovelfuls of lime (exactly what type of lime I don't know, sorry).
Apparently this kills all bugs going. The downside is that it also makes

the
beautifully soft well-water hard as nails.

I think you probably are faced with emptying the tank (tie up ballcock or
turn off at mains, and run off cold water), baling out the sediment, and
then scrubbing with Milton. If the tank doesn't have a proper lid then you
can get "water bylaw" kits from the plumbers merchants with lids and

stuff.

Or go main water system with combi or heat bank. Storage tanks are spurned
upon because of what you experienced. The Americans think we are mad using
them.