Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 08 Sep 2005 10:01:10a, Rich Heimlich wrote in alt.home.repair:

Dennis,

According to the research that I believe you pointed me to (which was
an extremely interesting study, by the way), it appears I can get what
I need simply by replacing the "early-closing" flapper with a standard
flapper and my problem should go away.

It definitely helps. I replaced the flappers on two low-end toilets in my
rented house and it made a huge difference.

Back in the early 1990s the measure our apartment complex took to reduce
water consumption was to replace the standard flapper in all toilets with an
early-closing version. When we realized what they had done, we promptly
replaced theirs with a standard version.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.