Phil Addison

On 15 Sep 2005 23:42:01 GMT, in uk.d-i-y Ian Stirling
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:
x-noarchive

The "Power Tool FAQ", & updated "Drill-bit and Drilling FAQ" are on the
brink of release within our main FAQ. If anyone wants to make any last
minute input a pre-release version is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/testing/con...tml#powertools

Any comments appreciated on broken links, typos, punctuation, grammar,
readability, facts, gibberish, content, style etc.

I would split out "multimaterial drills" into a seperate section".
Perhaps "Drilling anything!"

Possibly, but wouldn't the content under it would be a little sparse.
Just "Drills anything"?? I have never actually tried these myself.

And what about a little speed/feed table, perhaps listing cutting speed
for a given combination (HSS/steel) and recommended maximum speeds at
2mm, 5mm, 10mm?

Yes please.

After "Hole saws", something like.

The type of hole saw with cutters that are complete cylinders with one
end closed and fitted for an attachment to a common arbour are significantly
longer lasting and easier to use in any but the softest materials than the
type that are merely circular strips of sawblade that clip onto a base.

Yes

After "Wire brushes".
This is one tool that may be particularly handy when combined with a
flexible shaft for your drill.
This can let you remove rust in otherwise very hard to reach places.
However, never let the flexible shaft form more than a 90 degree bend,
otherwise it will wind round itself, and be destroyed.

After "get a new one" " (check the drill is not in reverse!)"

Yes :-)

Thanks for those.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/