Brad Curfman

In case anyone wants to see some pictures of what happened ( and how ),
I've put a summary on my site. The monitor still works and there is a
picture at the end to prove it.

http://www.curfman.net/officemishap.html

Brad Curfman
http://www.curfman.net

Brad Curfman wrote:
Does anyone have experience with getting a Dell Flat Panel monitor
repaired ? I have a 2001FP that was knocked off my desk this week.
Since this was accidental damage, the monitor would not be
repaired/replaced within warranty.

I've talked to several different departments in Dell the last couple
days, and nobody knows for certain if they can repair the monitor. They
all say to buy a new one. That is unacceptable. The monitor is 3 months
old, so I don't want a new one, I just want to get this one repaired.

Any ideas ? Are there any consumer protection acts/laws that require a
company to offer a repair service for products they sell ? I am totally
fine with paying to have this repaired since it isn't a warranty claim,
I just think it is ridiculous that I should have to buy a brand new flat
panel and trash this one. Half of the screen works, so I can still use
it somewhat, since I use screen sharing between 2 flat panels.

Brad Curfman
http://www.curfman.net