Toller

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:g1nWe.15311$YI6.14425@trnddc05...

"Toller" wrote in message
My sailboat's mahogany daggerboard is in sad shape and I decided to
replace it since I have more white oak than I know what to do with.

I made a blank 2"x15"X44". I intended on cutting the corners off on my
tablesaw, but at 35 pounds it didn't seem particularly safe.

So I went at it with my 3" belt sander with 50 grit, and my 2" planer.
Both will work, but they will take hours and hours and hours.

Any suggestions for doing it faster? A router might work, but that
doesn't seem like a good idea either. Would a 3 1/4" planer (rather than
my 3a Kmart planer) be much better?

Spoke Shave. :-)

Yeh, I used to watch that guy (Underhill?) make stuff with old tools. He
would put the blank in a clamp and knock out a dagger board with a spoke
shave in minutes.
Do they even sell spoke shaves any more?