Toller

Default How to shape a daggerboard?

My sailboat's mahogany daggerboard is in sad shape and I decided to replace
it since I have more white oak than I know what to do with.

I made a blank 2"x15"X44". I intended on cutting the corners off on my
tablesaw, but at 35 pounds it didn't seem particularly safe.

So I went at it with my 3" belt sander with 50 grit, and my 2" planer. Both
will work, but they will take hours and hours and hours.

Any suggestions for doing it faster? A router might work, but that doesn't
seem like a good idea either. Would a 3 1/4" planer (rather than my 3a
Kmart planer) be much better?