Grant

Christian McArdle wrote:
I don't suppose there is such a thing as a combined FCU/double socket to
allow me to just replace the faceplate on the first spurred box (haven't
seen anything like this in the shops so I'm guessing not)?

There are some triple sockets that have built in fusing. I wonder if a
manufacturer of these has a model with a fused output, as well? It's a very
long shot, though.

Christian.

Would I need one with a fused output? If I make the triple socket the
first spur, wouldn't the fuse in it protect the wire to the first spur
against an overload from the triple itself and the double spurred from
it? Effectively I would be using the fuse in the triple to do the same
job as an FCU. What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Grant