Arch

"Bob asked us to define a "hollow turned form", but his subject is
"Hollow form turning". I'm unsure if he meant a turned form that is
hollow or a form that was hollowed by turning. I _am sure that it is of
little importance except for dispute.

I recognize a bowl or a hollow form when I see it. So do you and you and
you...not always concurring. Same with other ambiguous turning terms
like "bowl gouge" and "spindle gouge" not to mention "optimum sharp" and
'safe speed".

Baseball analogies (stepping up to the plate, etc.) are the current rage
so I suggest that hollow forms are like balls and strikes: The strike
zone is clearly defined in the rules, but each umpire has his own. Of
course, we have no rules.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter