Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Some of the set dressers are getting very, very good. One of
the best period films to watch is _Road_to_Perdition_ because
those folks really knew their stuff. I can only find
one or two goofs in the entire thing.

We did the SFX for a movie this last spring. It was set in 1966. The
Cushmans ran (and started) like Cushmans. The fireworks were all
paper-and-string styles authentic to the sixties. The clothes, the cars...
everything. The continuity folks were hawks, finding all sorts of
anachronistic things, like the wrong styles of signage on buildings, jewelry
that was wrong, etc. We even had an arborist on set to ensure that there
were no PLANTS visible that wouldn't have been commonly available in 1966 in
Florida.

'Course... going back ONLY to 1966 isn't quite as hard as being authentic to
a period, say, a hundred years back.

LLoyd