JohnM

Karl Vorwerk wrote:
Saw a 914 once that had been filled with a little to much oil. Smoke was
pouring out the exhaust.
Karl

I had a Type 3 VW once, just got done reheading the motor and got it all
hooked up, had to take the wife to the hospital and didn't have
anything else to drive. I'd been pretty liberal with the oil while
assembling the thing and had only run it enough to confirm it sounded
good.. went down the road with it, had a remarkable trail of smoke
behind, on one curve where I could see back a ways the smoke trailed for
a good half-mile before dissipating to where there was cars to be seen.
It cleared up just as I got to the hospital, drove past about three CHP
cars in the hospital parking lot, thought sure I'd get arrested for
being such an asshole but they didn't even notice.

John