Eric R Snow

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:01:19 GMT, xray
wrote:

I recently picked up a Makita 4.5 inch angle grinder at the local Home
Despot. For the most part, I really like it -- wish I had got one a long
time ago for the convenience and all the stuff you can do with it.

When I bought it I picked up several wheels and attachments. One of the
things I got was a spare grinding wheel by Norton. The other day I was
grinding the edge of 1/8" steel and the grinder was bouncing and
skipping and making noise. Never did that before. I decided to change
wheels, and in the process realized I had been using the Norton wheel.
When I went back to the Makita wheel everthing was fine again. The
Norton was apparently not spinning true.

Did I just get one bad wheel, or does Norton make a lot of crap? I'm
concerned because all the local stores I've checked seem to carry Norton
wheels.

I have many Norton wheels. For the surface grinder. I like 'em.
ERS