Nick Müller

Artemia Salina wrote:

Is it any wonder why the rest of the world admires German engineering
such as this so much?

vbg OK, i'm not one of them. If this is an excuse. :-))
So don't admire me, please!

Hold on though; isn't this system used in Citroen's suspensions?
Perhaps its not German engineering after all!

French cars? German cars? Is there a difference? From the near as well
as from the far. I _hope_!

My dad had a Citroen DS 21 (D Super 5 looks the same). I could tell you
some stories. But 2 are enough:

#1 - Removing the front fender:
Ha!, just some screws and then ... and then I gave up after 2 hours
searching. But the rear fender is just one screw. Because you could not
change the tyre without removing the fender.

#2: Belt for the water pump:
My brother in law had the same Citroen, and he asked me to change the
beld. OK, I, no problem. Come here, gimme $10. Ummm. Bloody nuckles. Did
you know that you have to remove the clutch cable (it goes through the
belt) to ... OK, bad deal! Realy bad deal!

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de