G Henslee

Amun wrote:
"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hello,

I bought some certainteed Bryn Mar II vinyl double hung replacement
windows.... they have a inch wide/deep slot that runs the outside
perimeter of the window. It looks like it was meant to receive the
siding, is this correct?

In any case, does the whole window sit inside the wooden frame, or do
you slide the window out so the siding butts up against the window/J
channel.... and so the drain holes in the outside sill hang out away
from the house(so they drain away from the house)?

Thanks,
Keith

Too many possible frame types/profiles to answer here on your specific
windows.

Did you ask them where you bought the windows ?

AMUN

Translated: "I don't have a clue so I will ask you rhetorical questions
instead"

--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

AMUN is a clueless moron regarding tile, electrical and various other
construction issues. As things go AMUN will (thankfully) dissapear
as his kind usually does when confronted with their bad advice by
those who are knowledgeable in their respective fields.
Until then - BEWARE