Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Bob

I would classify a turning, a hollow turning if you would need hollow
turning tools to make it, like a swan neck tool etc., the size of the
opening does not fit all cases I would think, say for instance a turning
that is 15" wide and 6 or 7" tall with a 4" opening, that would qualify
as a hollow turning in my opinion.
If for a competition, than sizes can be set arbitrarily, however in real
life there will be turnings that some might not think a hollow form wile
others would, it depends a bit on ones perspective I think.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Bob Hewson wrote:
How would you define a hollow turned form?