Jim Adney

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:39:33 -0400 wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:51:42 -0500, Jim Adney
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:38:31 -0400
wrote:

If it's a recharging issue I can eliminate that issue because I am
aware of it. Shouldn't the slightly higher voltage of the lithium's
be ok if the camera has a voltage regulator?

The lithium cell has twice the voltage of a NiCad or NiMH. Unless they
designed the circuit to work with that overvoltage, I'd expect it to
give problems.

Energizer sells single AA lithium batteries

http://www.energizer.com/products/lithium/default.aspx

Yes, and so do lots of other makers, but using these in place of 1.5V
AA cells will subject your unit to twice the voltage that it was
expecting. This is probably not a good idea.

My point was that some devices and makers have attacked this problem
by making devices and batteries which can use either some number of
1.5V cells, or half as many 3V cells. They make special Lithium cells
which are shaped like 2 AAs side-by-side, so you get more than twice
the energy storage in the same space without going up in voltage at
all.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA