Dave Hinz

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:14:07 -0500, * wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote in article

If you want -quality- restoration supplies, check out the
Eastwood company. They don't spam, they're not cheap, but they're not
cheap.

I would certainly agree that most of the Eastwood stuff is, indeed, high
quality.....but, it is also awfully pricey.

Oh, no objection here. But sometimes it's the only place you can find
things, and/or the most convenient.

If one checks around with various automotive and industrial suppliers, it
is often possible to find the exact same thing as Eastwood for a little
less money.

True. But, again, time is worth something. If it takes me 3 hours to
save 3 bucks, I'd rather spend the extra at Eastwood.

On the other hand, I've also seen some specialty suppliers peddling
Eastwood stuff. You could even buy Eastwood from Sears at one point.

Didn't know that. But, for lead bodywork paddles and such, they're a
great source for the paddles and files - I sourced the tallow and lead
locally.