Charles Spitzer

wagons cut the tracks. lots of them left in what's left of the prairies.

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
link.net...
I've always wanted to know if in the days before the car, the dirt roads
were "worn in" as they are now - with two separate tracks and no wear in
the center of the road. I would expect that the roads would be more
universally worn what with horses walking in the middle of the road in
between the wheel tracks. Watching some cowboy riding down a road worn
into two separate paths has always made me a little suspicious.

Peter

"Bugs" wrote in message
ups.com...
I always like to look for rubber tire tracks in the long, long trail
awinding in an oater, with a TV antenna off in the background.
Bugs