*

Don Foreman wrote in article

Some would not regard rust work, even pretty good rust work, as
"restoration". So call it repair. Bondo, used properly, is very
useful stuff. A patch starting with any welded-in metal is far
better than stuffing a T-shirt in the hole and covering it with Bondo.

Some of the true restorations I have seen use absolutely no body filler -
not even lead.

Properly done and ground, a welded-in panel can be made to look original,
like a solid piece of sheet metal - even before paint is applied.....

THAT is what I consider "restoration".....making it as good as, if not
better than original.

A good rust repair ( or "patch" if you like), even if not of
restoration purity, can look good and last a decade in daily use.

Yes, it can.....and I don't mind calling it "rust repair.".....but,
"restoration" it is NOT.