Gerald Miller

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:34:17 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 13 Sep 2005 09:09:29 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

There are many more I've noticed over the years. One would think that
ad agencies would employ technically aware to prevent stupid stuff like
this. I guess the reality is that most folks don't notice.

Sadly true. I'll never forget the self-adjusting channel-lock type
wrench Searz was selling. The guy in the commercial put it on the
severely damaged bicycle front-axle nut -backwards- and turned while
it stripped the nut even worse. All the while, metal shavings were
falling during this camera closeup. TYPICAL Searz crap.

I really should have saved a copy of that commercial on tape.

----
- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -
http://diversify.com Web Applications

My current favorite is the "Swiffer Duster" add showing the crime
scene investigator who is astonished at the dusting efficiency of the
advertized article. much to his supervisors chagrin. The background
radio noise "This is Toronto International Airport information Delta"
- the Automated Terminal Information Service (ATIS) loop tape
broadcast giving pilots local information.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada