Chris

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
.net...

"Chris" wrote in message

Have to ask if it was a Jeep Jeep or one of the other flavors? The Grand
Cherokee (I have one), is full time 4wd. Although computer controlled, I
wonder if putting it in park locked the front wheels as well? A true 4wd
it is too, and it really goes well in the snow. Better than the Dodge
2500 that I have.

Might have to try it when the tires bet bald.

It was a Grand Cherokee but the wheels still wouldn't lock with the
parking brake on. Too many viscous couplings and such. I suppose if a
4WD vehicle had a locked diff front and rear, and had a locked transfer
case, the fronts would lock with the parking brake on.

Peter

\
Ok got that much. I am not bashing your claim as I agree 100% with the your
post. I am just starting to think that this particular vehicle might not be
the norm.

Just thinking out loud:

I do know the Grand Cherokee cannot be towed by a normal tow truck even with
the transfer in neutral. They have to flat bed it. Something about not
being able to tow the thing with either axle off the ground. Of course you
see plenty behind RVs being towed with all four wheels on the ground, which
is ok.

The Grand Cherokee does have more or less lockers in the front and rear.

Are you saying that she left the thing in gear not in park?

This would than lead me to question how they did the commercial. Did they
perform some type of work to lock up all four tires, or did they select this
vehicle, knowing that all four tires would drag? I am starting to think
that maybe this might be possible with this vehicle and they just pulled the
thing with a winch.

As an owner it has sparked my curiosity. I do have some real loose gravel
on a road on my property, and a winch. Might just give it a try.

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.