Luke Kilpatrick

Marc wrote:

Hi Y'all,
I am in need of a framing nailer, to be used just lightly.
I am not building a house just a shed and shade cloth area.
Does anybody have some experience with the $249 range ones, and
both good and bad comments are welcome.
Gunner what one do you have ? or used in the past.
Cliffie don't bother to reply.
Tweety Byrd...hmmm do you do ANY manual labor ?
Aye
Marc

I'm a carpenter, and in the past three years we have used Paslode,
Stanley-Bostitch, Hitachi, and Duo-Fast framing nailers. For light duty
work, any of them should give great service. If you want a tough, long
lasting, and highly reliable gun, though, I'd say to go with the Hitachi.
(NOT the new model that looks like a nailgun got diddled by a running shoe,
the plain "tool looking" gun).
Over the years, I've seen many guns bite the schnitzel. The commonest
cause is being dropped 10-30 ft. The Hitachi survival rate is roughly twice
the norm in this circumstance. It is also much more jam resistant. Comes,
as someone may have already mentioned, with a sequential trigger. I don't
enjoy the seq. trigger. It slows you down, and makes some shots (awkward
positions at arms' reach) a lot harder. Having said that, though, I
wouldn't buy a gun that didn't have the feature or a conversion kit.
Framing guns are more dangerous than most people credit, particularly
when clambering around in a roof system. it's SO easy to have your finger
on the trigger and manage to bump your leg into the business end while
climbing around. The seq. trigger addresses that issue.

Good luck, and have Fun!
Luke