jim rozen

In article , Ignoramus10314 says...

That's interesting to me, since I also have a 10 hp RPC. Would having
these caps, in any way, improve the quality of the 3 phase supply, or
is is just for the purposes of reducing out of phase unloaded current
in the supply?

Read up on tuning converters. One set of capacitors goes from
L1 to the generated leg, and from L2 to the generated leg.
First thing is to get those right to produce the best quality
3~ power.

Then additional power factor correction capacitors are added
directly across the incoming line, L1 to L2.

It's important to to the 'tuning' first because that will
substatially reduce the reactive currents all by itself.

Jim

please reply to: