Robert Swinney

Ooopps! Did I overlook the macho angle? Sorry - guess I'll have to
conserve my admiration for the "real men" types that uncouple cars from
moving trains (no slack) by lifting the coupler pin.

Bob Swinney
"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
Robert Swinney wrote:

Have you seen commercials for pickup trucks lately? They'd have you
believe the vehicles only run through deep mud and water, and operate in
skid. There's almost never a shot of a clean one going straight.

That's because a clean pickup, going straight on a dry day on the freeway
with one passenger is just a gas guzzler. A pickup sliding sideways in
the dust is an Expression of Manliness. This is why ads for pickups and
SUV's feature the mud and rocks instead of clips of gas tanks with
whirlpools or the underside of the upside-down vehicle with the wheels
still spinning and sirens in the distance.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services