zxcvbob

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 09/06/05 09:54 pm Charlie S. tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Don't know a thing about propane refrigerators.

I'm assuming that they work on a similar principle to the kerosene
refrigerators I recall from a few decades back; a neighbor in a rural
area of UK with no electric supply had one. Some of those used ammonia
as the refrigerant, but maybe the propane ones now use Freon.

IIRC, the heat of the flame raises the pressure of the refrigerant just
as the compressor does in an electric refrigerator.

Perce

Look up "absorbtion cycle" (I never really understood this one when I
took Thermodynamics in college.) They typically run on ammonia and
water, or water and litium bromide.

-Bob