Jim Adney

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:38:31 -0400 wrote:

If it's a recharging issue I can eliminate that issue because I am
aware of it. Shouldn't the slightly higher voltage of the lithium's
be ok if the camera has a voltage regulator?

The lithium cell has twice the voltage of a NiCad or NiMH. Unless they
designed the circuit to work with that overvoltage, I'd expect it to
give problems.

My Olympus camera will work with either, but we're supposed to use a
special lithium cell that is shaped like 2 AA cells side-by-side. I
haven't bought any of those, but I'd be willing to bet that this is
just a clever way to use one 3V cell in place of 2 1.5V cells.

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA