Murray Peterson

David Zeit wrote in
:

Suppose you were going to replace a washer and dryer, stove,
refrigerator, portable dishwasher and microwave oven.......

Just did that (new house, all appliances sold with previous house)

what brand would you go with? Why? All are electric.

Dishwasher -- Bosch (like the Miele, quiet, quiet, quiet). Love it
Fridge -- Kenmore (Sears floor model, $1800 price reduction).
Stove -- Frigidaire (looked nice, low cost smooth-top slide-in unit) OK
Microwave -- Panasonic (liked the controls and sensor features)
Washer/Dryer -- Kenmore units recommended by Consumer reports. Very good
units, and they do our clothes much faster than the old units. Front
loaders really do save you energy.

If you have bought a particular brand in the past year would you by it
again? Why?

Bosch dishwasher -- this is our second one, and we wouldn't have anything
else (except perhaps a Miele).

For smooth top cooktops, look for one that has a halogen "burner". Those
things heat up *fast*.