WhoIsIt

avid Zeit wrote:
x-no-archive: yes

Suppose you were going to replace a washer and dryer, stove,
refrigerator, portable dishwasher and microwave oven.......what brand
would you go with? Why? All are electric.

If you have bought a particular brand in the past year would you by it
again? Why?

Hate to do it but the 20+ year old, 25 on the Toshiba microwave,
appliances are showing signs of age.

I'm told only Maytag appliances with "dependable care" on the face plate
are real Maytag appliances. And dealers are high on Whirlpool for all
appliances. And we have dug out past issues of Consumer Reports.
BUT...........we are interested in real people's real life experiences
with these appliances. So here's you chance to say what a great choice
you made or to complain about a product and help a fellow consumer.

Please reply to the NG and no e-mails. Thanks.

FWIW:

My Sears Kenmore electric dryer is 24 years old- replaced the heating
element twice and the timer once. But it's still on the original belt
and rollers.

Kenmore washer is 10 or 15 years old, Kenmore fridge is 5 years old,
Maytag dishwasher is 4 years old- all no problems.

Whirlpool double oven electric stove is 28 years old- it all works, no
problems in the 5 years I've lived with it.

Sharp microwave lasted about 1.5 years till the display started to go.
It cooked fine but setting it was a bit of a crapshoot.