Bob Shuman

Check the warranty with the manufacturer, not the retail establishment. I
had purchased a slightly dented Frigidaire refrigerator a few years back and
the ice maker never worked so we contacted the manufacturer and they honored
the warranty. They sent out a field tech, but he could not figure out the
problem, so they sent us a brand new (undented) unit and took away the old
one.

Bob
..
"mrhoef" wrote in message
If you are so curious, I will have to satisfy you. The unit is dented on

one
side and posh retailers like Marks & Spencers don't sell them off cheap in

bargain corner, so they get sent to an auction where anyone can buy them.

It
is a cheap, but risky buy, since you dont' know what is wrong with the
merchandise and clearly there is no guarantee or warranty.