sofie

tnom:
The reply from Jerry G. has some very good points that pertinent to your
question.
I suggest that you should take your argument directly to SONY ..... they
made the statement in their manual for a good reason, all we can do is
conjecture, and if wrong, could damage your new, shiny camera.
Sony's website has a very good customer support link along with FAQ's that
may answer your question directly from the horse's mouth.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:18:31 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

There are a number of issues that may be prevalent with the unit that you
have. This has to do with its design.

The default under load voltage may not be able to be properly matched in

the
size type that it uses.
There may be an issue with the current source capability of the batteries

in
the size type that it uses.
There may be an issue with any type of built in charger that your unit

may
use.

No built in charger

If lithium batteries are not properly used, and or charged, there can

also
be safety issues. It is best to follow the instructions from the
manufacture, if you want to have good product reliability, performance,

and
safety. A good advice is to follow the instructions from the manufacture.

If it's a recharging issue I can eliminate that issue because I am
aware of it. Shouldn't the slightly higher voltage of the lithium's
be ok if the camera has a voltage regulator?