Jerry G.

Some possible causes can be a defective capacitor, defective magnetron,
defective HV diode, or defective power transformer. It is also possible that
there may be a door switch that is causing problems.

If the unit is new, there should be a warranty with it!

--

Jerry G.
======

"mrhoef" wrote in message
Panasonic NN A773 combi oven on 240 V. The (internal) fuse blows when
cooking (microwave) cycle starts. The oven is brandnew and gave in after
about 20 min usage.

I opened the thing up to firdst discharge the High voltage cap, but there is
none obviously present?? I have fixed several microwaves but this one seems
to be a bit more sophisticated. Is the HV cap integrated with the magnetron?

I have checked the door switches and they seem OK. No signs on the HV board
of burning or melting. However the rectifier has no resistance over the AC
pins, but looks clean and no signs of any shortcuts while it blew a 13 A
fuse in a fraction of a second.

Anyone any suggestions about the HV cap and suggestion what else to check.

gerard