Mark D. Zacharias

"suzanneg45" wrote in
message ...
I also have a Sony PS-X6 turntable inherited from my parents along
with a nice record collection. I haven't been able to figure out how
to get the arm to go down to the record. There is a blocking
mechanism that prevents lowering the arm to the record. Can someone
help with this? Thanks!

1. There could be an actual malfunction of the player.

2. The rubber mat must be aligned so the holes match the holes of the metal
platter. This is so the player can sense record size auto,
matically.

Some Sony models were prone to bad 100uF caps which caused a variety of
malfunctions; usually motors would not run, or there would be system control
issues.

Mark Z.