Rex B

I have two parts cleaners:

#1 is made from a 55-gallon drum. It has a common immersion pump
suspended about 14 inches from the bottom. The outlet feeds a pipe up to
a flexspout. There are 3 L-brackets above that (about 12 inches from the
top) to support the working shelf, which is a disk cut to just drop
into the ID. There is just enough clearance for it to drain faster than
the pump. A fitted drain tray hooks over the edge
I fill the bottom 11 inches with water. From there to just below the
shelf is solvent, currently straight kerosene. The grit and metal falls
into the water and does not recirculate, so it acts as a filter.
This works well for big, dirty things. The kerosene splashes and some
of it aerosols, and that isn't good for me to breathe. I do use and
recommend use of a 3M mask. I have also used a fan blowing across it
while I work.

The other parts washer is your basic 20-gallon asian import. Currently
has a dead pump, but when it's fixed it will be filled with purple
cleaner, probably generic.

- -
Rex Burkheimer

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:51:05 GMT, "Jim L." wrote:

Greetings- wondering what brand of cleaner is popular in home shop cleaning
tanks. Am thinking of Simple Green and the like. Thanks, Jim