Eric R Snow

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:51:05 GMT, "Jim L." wrote:

Greetings- wondering what brand of cleaner is popular in home shop cleaning
tanks. Am thinking of Simple Green and the like. Thanks, Jim

If you want a water based solvent Simple Green would work well for
most situations. But the perfume they add makes me sick to my stomach.
You may also be sickened by the stuff. They told me they do make an
un-perfumed version but I've never seen it. Recently Castrol Super
Clean (the purple stuff) was mentioned here as a good degreaser. And
it is. Looking at the jug you will see warnings that it may burn your
skin. So rubber gloves are a good idea with the stuff. As Grant
mentioned, paint thinner is good for lots of cleaning. Some people add
some light oil to it so that it doesn't de-fat your skin so fast. I
use water based cleaners when I can and only use paint thinner when I
need to.
ERS