skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...
This is probably a dumb question, but can I use either aluminum or
copper flashing materials to repair the rust cancer in my 1990 Bronco.
I know that I can tack steel panels to the existing steel, but the
steel sheet is tough to get while aluminum and copper flashing is
common?

I'm thinking about buying an inert gas wire fed welder for this
purpose, since it is much cheaper than a body shop restoration, but can
it tack dissimilar metals like aluminum and copper to steel, or should
I seek out a dealer who can supply me with, say, 16-gauge steel stock?

My second question is do I need an "English Wheel" to curve the stock
material to fit, or is their a simplier, less costly method? After all,
this is a one-time restoration job.

Why aren't there more books available for auto body restoration?

I dont know about the US cars, but you can get replacement parts for most of
the panel work for the cars we drive over here in europe..

This should give you an idea of what I am trying to explain:
Befo http://hem.passagen.se/jodu/bilder/saab/jodu/saab7.jpg
After: http://hem.passagen.se/jodu/bilder/saab/jodu/saab22.jpg

Punch, Flange, MIG, Bondo, Sand and Paint..

Check with the local body shops

Also: I dont know if you are required to have the car inspected for safety
etc. ( MOT test in the UK ) on a regular basis, but over here the inspectors
dont look too kindly at repairs done on load bearing parts ( they want them
replaced instead )

/peter