DeepDiver

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

In my parts cleaner I run mineral spirits. Make that used paint thinner,
which
I got free (about 30 gallons) off my local craigslist. Dirt cheap, works
great.

I just hope you know what it was previously used for. I wouldn't want to
breath (and get on my skin) some solvent that had previously been used with
something really toxic or carcinogenic.

Personally, I use a 50/50 mixture of kerosene and *low-odor* mineral
spirits. It works great! (The low-odor spirits are more highly-refined so
there's less smelly volatile compounds in it. Some brands of regular mineral
spirits stink so badly they give me a quick headache.)

I tried a "quality" commercial water-based parts cleaner before. Not only
did it NOT clean my parts, but they quickly corroded in the solution
(despite what the label said).

- Michael