yhan

Default atx mobo not powering

greetings,

had anyone come to this problem: i have an atx mobo that does not power
up. I tried the suspected atx psu to other motherboard but it works
fine. So I connected it again to the mobo with problem, tested the
switch, no problem, used flat screw to short the remote power switch
but no effect. Not powering up still. The fact that its psu works in
the other motherboard means that the atx psu is not the problem. I also
tried another known working psu but it still does not power up. If the
problem lies in the motherboard circuitry for remote switch, is there
any possible alternative to power the computer? by the way, I tried
shorting the green wire and ground (black) while connected to the mobo.
It powers up but it always says no "KEYBOARD ERROR OR KEYBOARD NOT
PRESENT".
anyone please enlighten me of this problem.
thanks in advance,
ian