On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:20:40 GMT, "James Dean"
wrote:

Hey guys,

thanks for the ideas,
ya'll have given me some things to think about and plenty to try.

Another thing I might do to get around the stain reacting to the rubber
stamp is to use ink on some MDF or other smooth wood and cut that stamp
design out of the MDF and use it as the stamp, should last longer than the
rubber stamp.

well, that will get you a mirror image of your logo. so have the
rubber stamp made backwards, actually forward. got that? now if your
logo is bilaterally symmetrical none of this matters, but if it has
handedness or has lettering in it or anything like that you'll want to
be sure you get it right.

I suspect that the rubber stamp will hold up fine to being used with
stain. if you have any doubt, go to the place you'll be having the
stamp made and ask them if they have any blooper stamps you could have
to run a test on.