Gunner Asch

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:35:00 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:31:24 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

(snip)

So, I showed that I can run a decent sized 3 phase industrial type
machine on single phase power, which in this case was the spare
electric dryer outlet, fused at 40 amps, run into a 50' 6/3 extension
cord out to the welding area (which is on its own 60 amp circuit), by
making up a simply rpc.

Cool!

Does it seem to run any smoother than a comparably-sized single-phase
machine -- as perhaps your Dan MIG?

Lord yes. Down at the 18-22 volt range..its like welding with light.
Hardly any sound other than a faint hiss/crackle. I was wondering if
I was getting any penetration at all, and sectioned a couple welds.
Nice and deep with 75/25 gas. Ill have to try this with Co2 next.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner