Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

Default Maplin 13A remote control sockets

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:29:49 +0000 (UTC), "Lawrence Zarb"
wrote:

It seems to be an excellent idea, but I cannot think of any really
practical use for them....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...39492&moduleno

=42504&Addon=F&modulecode=

Should one's other half be a fan of individual lights dotted around
the room instead of the one simple bright ceiling light, that remote
control saves cabling sockets to a central point, or running around
trying to find the inline switch on each lamp.

It also allows me to run energy saving lights and have the controller
high up away from sprog who for some reason believes energy saving
lights should be switched on & off rapidly until they pop (an event he
partook in during office hours..)

LOL!!!