stuart noble

Default Damp under upstairs window. Porous sill?

Phil Addison wrote in message ...
Hmmm... I've just realised that everyone seems to be assuming that the
sill is still porous. Don't forget I have given a very generous sloshing
with silicone fluid. I WAS hoping you'd all say that should be OK, but
the only comment on is from Andy saying his only helped a bit. Is it the
case you all think that stuff was a waste of time?

'Fraid so. These products are usually siloxanes which, unlike silicone,
don't form a continuous film. They cure as microscopic pellets of
grease/rubber which can be dislodged by (although not soluble in) water.
Same stuff they use for dpc injection I think.