John

Pete wrote:

Can anyone advise re a recipe for a quick and dirty (albeit thin layer)
case-hardening compund. Surely some of our gurus here have thought about
this one!
site would be appreciated

I have some 'HARD-N-TUFF' case hardening green powder
that is not poisonous. You heat the steel red hot and
dip it in that powder. Then reheat the steel and quench.
On the data sheet it lists as the supplier:
James Morton Limited 519-621 7240
75 State Street Cambridge(Galt) Ontario N1R 5V5
This may be an old address as I see that I have
hand written on that sheet the postal code N1R 3L3
I don't know if they are still in business as this
info is more than 30 years old. HTH John
--
I'm getting old, I can't make up my mind:
When my glass is full, I want it empty.