On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:30:48 -0500, Rex B wrote:

Last week I got a sample gallon of a product called Evaporust. I used it
on a 60 year old 109 mini lathe which showed up about the same time,
lightly rusted on every steel piece. I have to say the Evaporust worked
extremely well, better than the best results I have gotten with
electrolytic. It's non-toxic, reusable, and doesn't hurt metals,
paints, or plastic. It leaves a coating that prevents rust until you can
wash it down and paint or oil it. The only drawback is it retails for
around $18/gallon, and it's a little hard to find.

If you are getting it for $18 per gallon, you are doing well. Up here
it is $39 Canadian for a Yankee Gallon.
It does NOT leave a rust preventative coating.