Harold and Susan Vordos

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:23:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
in horror, too. Yuk! I'm 17 years cig-free.

Congrats! Having been a smoker, and still owning all my pipes, which I
light or very rare occasion, I feel justified in saying there's not a

more
stupid habit any thinking individual can acquire----aside from drugs.

http://diversify.com/20yeartoken/

Way cool!

I'm one of the lucky folks that can take or leave liquor. I might go a
month with not so much as a sip of wine---or might enjoy a couple scotch and
water while I listen to my favorite music, jazz (Brubeck, MJQ, Oscar
Peterson). I have, however, been around those that can't leave it
alone. Not a pretty sight.

As a pipe smoker (no longer), I couldn't stand the taste or smell.

Nor could I. I quickly graduated to a butane lighter.

I had one of those as well-----for pipes------a flame thrower, actually.

..

Yeah, those are tres cool.

Pine-Sol, the multi-use product. :-)

Yum! (not)

Smells good, though.

Sure does. I went back to it for my floors (PineSol wannabes need not
apply), but still use toothpaste or mouthwash for my breath, thanks.

OK, I admit------I don't gargle with it-----I just like the smell of pine.

An amusing anecdote----especially to me. I am on my second marriage,
which has endured over 28 years now, mostly due to a kind and loving

woman
that accepts me, warts and all. (poor soul!)

OK, how much are you paying her?

Ha! Only everything I am and own. :-)

I was never very fond of my ex-in-laws. He was a smoker, in spite of

the
fact he hid behind the Mormon Church, and was, in fact, a direct

descendent
of Brigham Young. I watched with great enjoyment one day as he stuck

filtered cigarette in his mouth and lit it. Need I tell you which end he
lit?

He was nothing short of ****ed when I started laughing at him.

Given the chance, I'd have enjoyed watching him do it all over again,

never
saying a word to caution him. :-)

I love watching that happen, too. I can't breathe around cigs any
more. My lily-pink lungs just don't abide the pollution no mo.

I can't stand being around cigarette smoke, or smokers. They don't seem to
understand how badly they smell-----and they do smell.

On the other hand, I love the smell of a cigar or pipe, especially when not
in confined quarters. An elderly gentleman used to smoke Rum & Maple
tobacco at Sperry, always in the same two pipes, which were Kaywoodie white
briars. I'd follow him around the plant just to smell the smoke.

Don't know how he stood the tobacco, though. I tried it for a couple days
and started spitting up blood. It was the harshest tobacco I ever tried.
Anyone that smokes a pipe understands how they bite.

Harold