mike

Hitachi oscilloscope v-1065

I've posted about this before, but have found (I think) the problem.
The flyback is kaput. There's a big crack all the way around and black
soot in the crack. I probably caused this by jumpering the fuse to get
things going so I could take measurements. I heard some squealing with
the jumpered-out fuse. Before I was done, a loud bang and then louder
squealing from the power supply section.

I don't know if the flyback was the original problem, but now the
flyback is definitely bad, so where can I get a new one? Anyone? I've
got a 40mhz scope but I want to get this one running, too.

-josh

Scrap it!
If the flyback wasn't bad and you broke it, the cause is still in there.
The new flyback will smoke too. So, you change the transistor and flyback
and hope for the best...but my experience with TVs is that the thing's
gonna blow again. Too many little things that can change the frequency,
efficiency, snubbers...

Put it on EBAY... ;-)
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/